Ordering, Shipping, & Privacy FAQs
- Shipping & Delivery
- Privacy Security
- Returns & Exchanges
- HAZMAT Shipping
- Payment & Pricing
- Viewing Orders
- Update Account Information
Are the products on the website "In Stock"?
All of the products marked "In Stock" on our website are ready to ship out the same day.
What payment methods do you accept?
Placing an order online by credit card or by calling 1-855-236-5000 (toll-free), are the two fastest and most efficient methods of placing orders. We accept payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.
If you would like to place a money order or pay via cashiers check, please download the form here: Money Order Form. We also ask that you contact us regarding any manual or money order request for more information.
I am concerned about ordering over the Internet. Is your site secure?
Yes, we use the highest available security methods for your complete peace of mind. Rapid SSL is a recognized leader in internet merchant security and provides complete encryption and security for our online store. To date, we have never had a security incident or security problem with any online transactions.
Can I return guns for a refund if I don't use them?
Yes, we have a 30-day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We accept returns on all black powder guns that have not been used, fired or registered, no questions asked. All returns are subject to a 5% Restocking Fee. If you would like to make a return, please contact our customer service department.
Do you guarantee the lowest prices?
We strive to give you the lowest price on the market all the time. We do purchase direclty from the manufacturer, which allows us to work with you to try and beat any price on the market. We also offer bonus promotions and discounts, which you can take advantage of.
Do you charge sales tax?
Sales tax will be charged for deliveries in the US states listed below. The shipping address determines the rate, which is based on state and local tax for the area. If you're a tax-exempt business please call 1-855-236-5000.
- Alaska - Starting June 2022
- Hawaii - Starting June 2022
- Kansas - Starting June 2022
- Louisiana - Starting June 2022
- Maine - Starting June 2022
- Massachusetts - Starting June 2022
- Nebraska - Starting June 2022
- Nevada - Starting June 2022
- North Dakota - Starting June 2022
- New Jersey - Starting June 2022
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Ohio - Starting June 2022
- Rhode Island - Starting June 2022
- South Dakota - Starting June 2022
- Tennessee - Starting June 2022
- Vermont - Starting June 2022
- West Virginia - Starting June 2022
- Wyoming - Starting June 2022
Shipping & Delivery
How soon will you ship after my order is placed?
Our shipping department processes orders from Monday through Friday, 7am to 3pm. Orders placed on weekdays by 11am EST will ship that day. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will ship on Monday.
How soon will I receive my order?
Orders placed with Standard Shipping will arrive in about one week or less. Express Shipping is available for most orders, however, orders containing HAZMAT items will not be eligible for Express Shipping. Keep in mind, Express 3-Day, 2-Day & Overnight Shipping rates are based on WEEKDAYS only. This means, a 2-Day order received on a Friday by 11am EST will not be delivered until Tuesday. If you have questions about transit times, please call our customer service team and we will be happy to give you a more exact time for your shipment.
Do you guarantee successful delivery?
Our policy as an organization is to successfully deliver on all orders, regardless of the chosen shipment method.
Can weather affect transit times for my package?
While most times the shipping carriers will persevere through inclement weather, delays are definitely possible. Please note, weather delays are frequent during winter months, especially on ground shipments. If your package is delayed due to weather, the shipping carriers and Muzzle-Loaders.com will not issue refunds. If you are ordering in the winter months, call our team so we can make sure to do everything we can do make sure your shipment arrives on time.
Which states will you ship to?
We ship directly to customer's doors throughout the United States, except for customers in New Jersey, Illinois, Washington D.C. & New York City, as well as all pistol orders within New York State and Massachusetts. In these jurisdictions, the law requires muzzleloaders to be shipped to a licensed FFL dealer, which we are happy to help arrange for your convenience. As a disclaimer, please check your local ordinances and statutes to ensure compliance with all laws.
Do the guns need to be shipped to an FFL dealer?
In most states, we ship straight to your door! No FFL is required. However, certain muzzleloaders like the Remington 700 and Traditions NitroFire require a 4473 form and must be shipped to an FFL dealer.
What shipping methods are available?
All Standard Shipping orders will ship via UPS, FedEx, or USPS, whichever is most cost-effective. In general, orders weighing less than 1 lb. will ship with USPS First Class, while heavier boxes will ship with UPS Ground. Many accessory and bullet orders weighing over 1 lb will go via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx Express. If you prefer a specific carrier in your area, please call our customer service team.
Where do your products ship from?
All products are shipped from our warehouse in Oregon.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time we accept limited international shipments on accessories. All international orders are processed via phone call only.
***Shipping schedule for rifles via UPS Ground
2-Day Express Orders will be shipped via UPS 2-Day. Delivery is 2 business days after the ship date. (Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays are not counted as business/working days) Keep in mind, weather delays are non-refundable for Express Shipping delays. Orders placed M-F before 11:00 AM Eastern Time will ship out the same day (except in cases where an item may be out of stock or order is pending verification). Please contact customer service for details.
Overnight Orders will be shipped via UPS Overnight. Delivery is the next business day after the ship date. (Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays are not counted as business/working days) Keep in mind, weather delays are non-refundable for Express Shipping delays. Orders placed M-F before 11:00 AM Eastern Time will ship out the same day (except in cases where an item may be out of stock or order is pending verification). Please contact customer service for details.
**Muzzle-Loaders.com will not be held liable for packages that do not arrive on time. However, if the delay in shipment as a result of an oversight on our part, we will refund any additional shipping charges. If UPS, USPS, or FedEx is solely responsible for a delayed shipment, the customer can reach out to the service directly for compensation, if possible. Delays due to weather or acts of God are non-refundable through any of the shipping the carriers.
Privacy & Security
We maintain the highest respect for the privacy and confidentiality of all data from visitors and customers of this website. We go to great lengths to ensure customer privacy, confidentiality, and complete security. As such, we have very strict principles:
- We do not share information with third parties.
- We use full Rapid SSL encryption in our store, the best and most well-known security technology to ensure that your data is completely safe for purchasing online or by telephone.
- We do not spam or make unsolicited calls.
- Customer service is our highest priority. Our mission is to help people, and anything contrary will be avoided. If for some reason there is a problem, we will rectify it immediately to the full satisfaction of the customer.
Returns & Replacements
Can I return items for a refund if I don't use them?
Yes, we have a 30-day 100% satisfaction guarantee. We want your online shopping experience to be the absolute best! We hope that you love each and every item that you receive, but if not, we are here to make your return process as smooth and easy as possible. If you have any questions about refunds or exchanges, please feel free to contact us via phone at 1-855-236-5000 (Customer Service hours are 7am-4pm PST), or via email at email@example.com. We accept returns on all guns and accessories that have not been used, and are still in the original packaging, no questions asked!
Items Accepted for Return
Return your order for a refund, if all of the following are true:
- Item must be returned within 30 days after purchase
- Your return has a valid RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization)
- All manufacturer packaging is in place
- You have not used the product in any way
- Item returned is not a special order item or customized product
No restocking fee deducted from the refund, if:
- If you received an incorrect item
- If the item is not as described on our website
- If the item is damaged in shipment
5% Restocking Fee:
We will accept returns with a 5% restocking fee deducted from the refund, if
- All contents; parts, tools, warranty cards & pamphlets are returned
- The original package of the product is not damaged
- Product has not been registered
- Product has not been used in any way
- Your return has a valid RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization)
Additional Restocking Fees (determined upon return):
Returns meeting the following criteria will be subject to additional restocking fees deducted from the refund, if
- All contents; parts, tools, warranty cards & pamphlets are not returned
- The package of the product is damaged
- The item is not returned within 14 days of the RMA # being authorized
- The product is damaged in return shipment
Items that cannot be returned:
- Any muzzleloader that has been fired
- Any scope that has been mounted
- Any item more than 30 days after purchase
- Your return does not have a valid RMA # (Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Any product that is missing it's serial number
- Any customized items, including but not limited to any customization requested by the buyer
- Items that have been used in any fashion
We also reserve the rights not to accept a return, if:
- There are signs of the product being used
- Item is returned incomplete
- Customer must pay for return postage on all returns or exchanges
- Customer must ensure the product against loss or damage during return transit
- Refunds will be processed within 3 days after we have received the returned item(s)
- Refunds will be returned to the original payment method used (e.g. the credit card used when placing the order)
- You must NOT accept a delivery if the packaging has been damaged
Payment, Pricing & Promotions
Do you guarantee the lowest prices?
We strive to give you the lowest price on the market all the time. We do offer tax-free purchasing, which allows us to work with you to try and beat any price on the market. We also offer bonus promotions and discounts, which you can take advantage of.
We accept orders for hazardous materials, but can only ship up to 50 lbs per box of hazardous materials (powder, primers, fuses) combined. A government-mandated hazmat fee of $29.98 applies to all hazardous materials shipped as well as a $5.00 signature confirmation fee that is required for delivery of all hazardous materials. If your order contains more than 50 lbs of hazardous materials, an additional $29.98 government hazard charge will be added to your order per every additional 50 lbs of hazardous material.
- 0-50 lbs carries a $29.98 hazmat fee + $5.00 signature confirmation fee
- 51-100 lbs carries an additional $29.98 hazmat fee + $5.00 signature confirmation fee
- 101-150 lbs carries yet another additional $29.98 hazmat fee + $5.00 signature confirmation fee
- Every additional 50 lb shipment will incur a charge of $29.98 + $5.00 signature confirmation fee
Please note the $5.00 signature confirmation fee is not optional for hazmat orders and the recipient must be present to sign for the order upon delivery.
Ammunition and Primers cannot be shipped via expedited service levels, other than standard ground.
We cannot ship powder or primers to the following locations:
- P.O. Box when shipping to the United States (a physical address is required)
- APO/FPO addresses
- International addresses
- District Of Columbia
- United States Territories
- New Jersey
How do you ship HAZMAT?
Muzzle-Loaders.com takes the shipment of Hazmat materials very seriously and will abide by all regulations set forth by the Department of Transportation.
Hazmat Shipping Policy:
- All Powder & Primer orders will be shipped separately from rifles, pistols, bullets or accessories.
- All Powder & Primer orders are required to have signature confirmation. All orders will be shipped with a signature required for delivery.
- All Powder & Primer orders are required to be signed for by someone 18 years of age or older. We hope this information is valuable to you.
**If you have any questions or concerns contact our customer service line toll-free at 1-855-236-5000.
Depending on how your order was placed there are two options for checking its current status. During the checkout process, you were presented with the option to create a customer account (if you placed your order over the phone this account was automatically created for you). While not necessary, an account on our site allows you to store address information, view order history, and check the status of current orders. If you did set up an account during checkout follow the instructions that were emailed you to access your account. Once you've logged in you can view the status of any orders you've placed, and also track the shipping for any orders in transit to you. If you have trouble accessing your account, or can't find the instructions that were emailed to you please contact us.
If you chose not to create an account during the checkout process, you'll need to contact us to get an update on the status of your order. Keep in mind that we will always notify you of any hold-ups in the processing of your order, and tracking information will be emailed to you automatically as soon as your order ships out.
Updating Account Information
- To update your account information click on the "My Account" link. If you have not already, sign into your account. The username is your email address. If you do not remember your password use the "Forgot Your Password" link below the account username and password fields. Once you are signed in there will be a “My Account” menu on the left-hand side, from here you will be able to update shipping billing and other user information.