Updated as of 3/26/2020 - "Muzzleloading firearms must be .44 caliber or larger, loaded with a single bullet of at least .357 caliber. Saboted bullets are allowed, provided the bullet is .357 caliber or larger. A muzzleloading firearm must be capable of being loaded from only the muzzle. Multiple barrel muzzleloading long guns are allowed. Muzzleloading handguns are allowed. The muzzleloading handgun must be single shot, .50 caliber or larger, loaded with bullets at least .44 caliber and have a barrel at least 12 inches long, measured from the base of the breech plug excluding tangs and other projections to the end of the barrel, including the muzzle crown."
INDIANA MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASONS
Muzzleloader Deer Hunts
|Season||Season Dates||Bag Limit||Notes|
|Muzzleloader Only||Dec 7th - Dec 22nd||1 Deer Per Permit|
INDIANA MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASON REGULATIONS
- Muzzleloading rifles must be .44 caliber or larger
- Muzzleloaders must fire a single projectile
- For muzzleloading rifles bullets must be .357 caliber minimum
- Muzzleloaders must load from the muzzle only
- 209 primers are legal
- Pelletized powder is legal
- Muzzleloading handguns must be .50 caliber or larger
- For muzzleloading handguns bullets must be .44 caliber minimum
- Muzzleloading handguns must have a barrel 12 inches or longer
This information is subject to change, for more information visit: Indiana Hunting Regulations
HAVE INDIANA MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASON QUESTIONS?
Muzzleloader Hunting season is the best for low-pressure hunting and plentiful wildlife. If you are new to muzzleloaders or would like more information on your state's muzzleloader hunting regulations, make sure to give us a call. Muzzle-Loaders.com is focused on promoting black powder hunting in all 50 states and can help you determine when your particular state's hunting season starts. If you have questions about Indiana Muzzleloader Hunting Season, please call us at 1-855-236-5000 or email us at email@example.com.