Updated as of 4/7/2020 - “Definition of Muzzleloading Firearm: A single-shot, single-barrel rifle or smoothbore firearm with a minimum barrel length of 20 inches, designed to be fired from the shoulder or a single-shot pistol with a minimum barrel length of 10 inches. Both rifle and pistol must be incapable of being loaded from the breach without the use of tools, and must have a minimum bore diameter of 0.43 inches and an ignition system of traditional or modern flintlock, caplock, matchlock, in-line or wheellock style.
Definition of Ammunition for Muzzleloaders: Black powder or other suitable non-smokeless propellant, and a single ball or bullet."
VERMONT MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASONS
Muzzleloader Deer Hunts
|Season||Bag Limit||Season Dates||Notes|
|Muzzleloader||See Regs||Oct 29th - Nov 1st||Antlerless Only|
|Muzzleloader||See Regs||Dec 5th - Dec 13th|
VERMONT MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASON REGULATIONS
- Muzzleloaders must fire only a single shot
- Muzzleloaders must have a single barrel
- Muzzleloading rifles/shotguns must have a barrel 20 inches or longer
- Muzzleloading pistols must have a barrel 10 inches or longer
- All muzzleloading weapons must be incapable of loading from the breech
- Muzzleloaders must have a bore diameter of .43 inches or more
- Muzzleloaders must use black powder or non-smokeless black powder substitute.
- Smokeless powder is prohibited
This information is subject to change, for more information visit: Vermont Hunting Regulations
HAVE VERMONT MUZZLELOADER HUNTING SEASON QUESTIONS?
Muzzleloader Hunting season is the best for low-pressure hunting and plentiful wildlife. If you are new to muzzleloaders or would like more information on your state's muzzleloader hunting regulations, make sure to give us a call. Muzzle-Loaders.com is focused on promoting black powder hunting in all 50 states and can help you determine when your particular state's hunting season starts. If you have questions about Vermont Muzzleloader Hunting Season, please call us at 1-855-236-5000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.